Sunday, April 12, 2009

Exit Card

List three things you learned, two things you found interesting and one thing you still have a question about. Comment on someone else's question.

1.) The first (and probably most important) thing I've learned is that I CAN do most of the technological tasks presented to us. After the first night of class, I contacted both Dan and my adviser to figure out if I could really do this. I was in panic mode; totally uncomfortable with our assignments. I thought I was okay with the class content, but certainly not okay with the technological delivery of the content. I learned that I can do it!!

2.) The second thing I learned is that being an old dog, while learning new tricks definitely takes more time than I had been accustomed to. I actually laugh at myself as I check and recheck the notes I've taken (from Dan's instructional web videos) to assist me in one of the tasks assigned for the week.

3.) The third thing I've learned is that I've learned a lot from being "on the job" as a functioning supervisor of the child study team. Being out of the classroom for two years as an LDT/C, then coordinator of CST since the fall has changed my perspective of education. This class has put a spotlight on those changes.

4.) One thing I have found interesting is that my school district is probably in a better technological place than other school districts.

5.) Another thing I have found interesting is that I like reading the professional journal articles we have been reading as our weekly current events. I had talked myself into the 'fact' that I really did not have time to read, unless it was a broadcast letter from the state. I was wrong.

6.) I still have a question regarding my assessment philosophy. It still hasn't jelled in my mind.

7.) Just because Dan and I have been going back and forth a bit through our blogs, I will comment on his latest; it makes me feel good that I put a smile on his face. I hope that I can do that for someone everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment