Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Response to Dan's Blog

OK, I admit it. I've had my eye on Dan's blog. I like that he reads the same books as I (see my blog post March 21, 2009, below). I like that he commented on my blog for this assignment. (see Dan's post of March 31, 2009.

Dan's Blog: http://dan-curriculumandassessment-dan.blogspot.com/2009/03/response-to-classmates-blog.html?showComment=1239141480000#c7247288673389080385

http://dan-curriculumandassessment-dan.blogspot.com/

But what struck me was Dan's indulgence paragraph in his post. Tear away everything. Dan said, "My proudest moment as an educator was when I was teaching..." (and please take the time if you can to read that paragraph... it just makes you feel good). It totally moved me. I think about the most important components to teaching... why did I get involved with this anyway? And Dan's words reminded me of the times that you can really make a difference. It reminds me that I miss the days of teaching in a classroom. Because of Dan's Blog, I think I have to remember to walk out of my office a little more often, not just when there is a problem, but to become a little more involved with my students, because now every classified student is my student.

hey - thanks, Dan!

p.s. can anybody tell me how to make Dan's Blog link look better than just pasting the address? I did it two weeks ago, and can't recall how...

No comments:

Post a Comment